ACTION GROUP 2
Action Group 2 aims at identifying key Alpine economic sectors which would benefit from action at macro-regional level, and to implement concrete measures to improve their economic and social environment.
Action Group 2 aims at identifying key Alpine economic sectors which would benefit from action at macro-regional level, and to implement concrete measures to improve their economic and social environment. The added value comprises a better use of Alpine specific resources and potentials in the identified strategic sectors with focus on the improvement of framework conditions and opportunities for SMEs.
The main objectives of Action Group 2 are:
- to develop new or better value chains inside sectors regarded as strategic in the Alpine Region which show potential with distinctive conditions in the region,
- to bridge the gap of disconnected value chains or parts of it,
- to move higher up value chains or adjusting products and services to the green economy,
- to bridge different policies and efforts to stimulate the transformation of the industrial structure and drive job creation and growth,
- to support innovation by making better use of cluster initiatives.
To create a more developed economic model, considering the particularities of Alpine territories, Action Group 2 has identified 4 thematic priorities to which correspond 4 subgroups. Despite the number of cross-cutting priorities affecting EUSALP entirely, Action Group 2 has decided to focus its efforts on:
- Sub-Group Bioeconomy,
- Sub-Group Wood,
- Sub-Group Tourism,
- Sub-Group Digital Industry.
In addition, AG2 proposed the formation of a cross-cutting initiative called “Circular Economy”. For thematic coherence it was decided to maintain Circular Economy as a cross-cutting priority led by AG2.