ACTION GROUP 1
RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
Action Group 1 focuses on the development of an agile innovation ecosystem in the Alpine Region, uniting its potential to unlock synergies in strategic sectors described in the subsequent action and surmount innovation challenges effectively. Based on one of the main drivers of the Europe 2020 agenda which aims at creating jobs and growth, Action Group 1 focuses on the development of an effective innovation ecosystem in the Alpine Region.
Action Group 1 Research & Innovation aims to bring together the existing potentials of the Alpine Region to better exploit synergies in the strategic sectors described in the next action and overcome challenges as regards innovation.
- - Identification of the key strategic sectors where cooperation in R&I can impact either in economic or societal terms;
- - Mapping of existing clusters, competence centres related to the economic and academic landscape in the Region
- - Mapping and matching of specific value chains and capabilities related to key areas of competence related to national/regional smart specialisation strategies
- - Working towards joint pilots with industry participation in areas of smart specialisation to demonstrate opportunities for scaling up innovations for co-creating joint value chains
- - Further coordinating efforts between the Alpine countries and JRC activities
- - Enhanced capacity building of research institutions, networks and infrastructure with an Alpine Region dimension
- - Taking into consideration existing international research / innovation coordination activities of EUSALP