The Cluster Eau Lémanique Evian and the city of Evian propose the organization of a congress on the theme "Monitoring and sustainable management of mountain aquatic environments”
This congress will demonstrate the dynamics of local actors in the framework of territorial, regional, interregional, transboundary, transnational and international projects, in favour of the preservation and enhancement of the "Water" resource and its uses.
It will also present the exploitation of the results of recent and ongoing INTERREG projects and mobilize future public and private actors in research, innovation, spatial planning, culture and civil society, within the framework of the launch of the new European "Calls for Projects" 2021-2027 and their complementarity (INTERREG, Research and Development, LIFE+ etc). It will also support integrated approaches to participation between the European, national, regional and local levels.
The presence of the economic ecosystem of the Cluster Eau Lémanique Evian will allow the institutions to benefit from the feedback of information and the needs of the actors of the territory on a watershed scale.
Organizsation followed by Bertrand Cousin (email@example.com) Tel: +33 (0)7 88 03 60 11
Monday, November 8th
14h: SUERA Speeches from French and Europeans delegations
15h 30 – 17h30: European projects presentation
Presentation of the Interreg projects (Alcotra, France-suisse, Alpine Space)
- CONCERT-EAUX: Interreg Alcotra
The monitoring activity of groundwater and surface water has a cross-border character and provides a modality of sharing between partners for the validation, archiving and restitution of data on water and climate, with the creation of a device to visualize web-gis 3D
- GENI-Alp: Interreg France-Suisse
Plant-engineering in mountain rivers
- BIODIVALP: Interreg ALCOTRA
The framework ambition of the PITEM Biodiv'ALP is articulated in two strategic objectives aimed at curbing the erosion of ecosystems and protected species and strengthening the attractiveness of the cross-border territory.
- EcoAlpsWater: Alpine Space
The ecosystem services of lakes and rivers are threatened by human actions, climate change, the destruction of biodiversity and the invasion of exotic species. The main aim of Eco-AlpsWater is to improve the traditional monitoring approaches by using advanced DNA sequencing techniques such as metabarcoding.
18h-19h: Conference of the European Space Agency (ESA)
- Copernicus program presentation, Particular case of the ESA_Lab@LEMAN.
- Signature Memorandum of Collaboration ESA_Lab@LEMAN
Tuesday, November 9th
8h30-12h30: Workshops. Action groups 1, 4, 6, 7 and 8
- Ecosystem services and multifunctionality of aquatic ecosystems in the Alps.
- Adaptation of the water sector to climate change.
- Management of aquatic ecosystems and their biodiversity in the face of climate change.
- Sustainable management of the water resource in mountain territories.
- New technologies and data management.
- Water and aquatic environments jobs.
- Awareness of the public and the actors of the territory.
12h30 – 13h30: Lunch
13h30 – 14h30: Conclusions and perspectives
15h - 17h: Field Trip
- Visit of the RAMSAR wetlands / UNESCO Geoparc du Chablais
- Visit of the national natural reserve of the “Dranse delta”.
Palais Lumière in Evian-les-Bains