Impuls4Action aims to trigger actions to support sustainable development in the Alpine Region at all stakeholder levels by providing adequate tools, raising awareness and finding new models for soil protection. Climate change increases the need for integrative activities and tailor-made tools for soil protection and green infrastructure development. The seminars in the pilot areas analyze the needs of the target groups and provide the basis for the structure of the "toolbox" that will be developed through the project.
The three specific topics addressed by the project are:
- Peat lands conservation
- Internal development and prevention of land consumption in Alpine cities
- Management of specific water resources of alpine soils.
These issues contribute to the urgent mitigation and adaptation of climate change.
Development of an interactive toolbox that is used by different stakeholders and actors (at local, regional and national level) of the Alpine Region (Italy, Switzerland, Slovenia, France, Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein) to read up and identify and analyze best practices, read , studies and possible solutions to counter soil consumption in the reference territory. The project aims, therefore, to promote an action to disseminate the best practices identified through the use of interactive tools.
- Slovene Chamber of Agriculture and Forestry – Institute of Agriculture and Forestry Maribor (SI) (Coordinator)
- Edmund Mach Foundation – Research and Innovation Centre (IT)
- Environment Agency Austria (AT)
- Plattform Land, Bozen (IT)
- University of Milan, UNIMONT (IT)
- Foundation Pro Terra Engiadina, Zernez (CH)