CirculAlps aims at promoting circular & bio economies in the Alpine timber sector. Furthermore, bio-based innovation & circular economy in wood supply chain has been recently & repeatedly identified as key for mountain regions by institutions such as Euromontana, Alpine Convention and Agricultural European Innovation Partnership. Timber value chain can benefit from these approach.
Thanks to the strong expertise of the consortium the project seeks to:
1) Analyse current state of art and best practices
2) Evaluate the specific potential for innovative circular and bio economy value chains in the EUSALP region
3) Highlight enabling and transferring factors.
The findings will be collected in a feasibility study. Furthermore, the outputs and recommendations will identify missing elements for forestry entrepreneurs to develop new value chains and set concrete actions and tools facilitate them.
- Salzburg University of Applied Sciences (AT, Lead)
- Centre of Studies of Alps of Pieve Tesino (IT)
- BIOPRO Baden-Württemberg GmbH (DE)
- Eurac research (IT)
- Slovenian Forestry Institute (SI)
The project is co-financed by the European Union (Alpine Region Preparatory Action Funds - ARPAF)