YOUR ALPS! YOUR FUTURE! YOUR PROJECT!
Do you want to play an active role in shaping the Alpine Region?
Do you have good ideas that you would like to implement together with the EU?
Do you want to exchange ideas with young people from the entire Alpine Region?
Are you between 16 and 25 years old?
4x YES? THEN:
Join "PITCH YOUR PROJECT 2020" and submit your project idea by 31 October!
WHAT IS "PITCH YOUR PROJECT"?
"PITCH YOUR PROJECT" is a competition for young people and young adults between 16 and 25 years. As experts of your living space, the Alpine Region, you are invited to submit your project ideas for a sustainable development of the Alpine Region individually or as a group.
Under the motto "shaping.future.together.", the EU Strategy for the Alpine Region (EUSALP) is looking for your ideas to make the Alpine Region fit for the future.
YOU COUNT! YOU KNOW BEST! YOU PARTICIPATE!
Present your ideas for a sustainable, modern and attractive life in the Alpine Region and win the implementation of your project!
We are looking for innovative ideas on the following topics:
- Sustainable management of the Alpine natural resources and resilience to climate change
How can we protect and sustainably use the rich Alpine natural resources? How can the Alpine region become a pioneer in preventing and tackling climate change?
- Digitalisation, education and labour market
How can the Alpine region further develop its potential as an attractive living and working environment for young people? How can digital instruments foster this development?
- Promotion of the history, identity and integration of the Alpine region
How can we explore, develop and use the cultural characteristics of the Alpine region?
- Making our Alpine region more resilient against (health, energy, economic…) crises
How could your project help to recover? How can the Alpine Region strengthen its resilience to all types of (natural, health, energy, …) crises? Which factors, instruments and processes can strengthen this resilience?
- Development of local supply: ensuring regional, sustainable production and short distances in commerce and consumption
How can the Alpine region develop, in a sustainable way, its full economic potential to ensure the supply of its population? How can the Alpine region ensure regional supply and short supply chains while meeting commitments on biodiversity protection and climate change mitigation?
In November 2020, a jury will select the top 5 projects from all submitted projects. The jury will base its selection on the criteria of relevance, feasibility and innovation potential. The five applicants or group applicants selected by the jury will have the opportunity to present their project in English in a five-minute pitch at the EUSALP Annual Forum 2020 on 10 and 11 December in Nice, the main event of the EUSALP year. The finalists will receive support in preparing their pitch and learn how to create a short, appealing and informative presentation. The audience will then vote directly on the five projects. The three best projects will receive prize money from the European Union for the further implementation of their projects:
- 5,000 euros for the 1st prize
- 3.000 Euro for the 2nd prize
- 2.000 Euro for the 3rd prize
In addition, the winners will be mentored by experts involved in the EUSALP, who will help them implement their project ideas.
The European Commission and the Land Tirol will book an accommodation in Nice and refund individual travel expenses. An exciting supporting programme awaits you in Nice.
PITCH YOUR PROJECT 2020 is financed and organized by the European Commission and the Land Tirol and supported by the French EUSALP Presidency 2020.
PITCH YOUR PROJECT is your chance
... to present your project idea to a broad audience of Alpine-enthusiastic experts and decision-makers,
... to exchange ideas on the Alpine Region with like-minded people in Nice,
... to win money for the implementation of your project idea,
... to get support for the implementation of your idea
... and thus to shape the Alpine Region of the future!
SOUNDS GOOD? THEN APPLY BY 31 OCTOBER 2020!
HOW DO YOU SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT?
A) CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION:
1) Your project deals with one of the above mentioned topics
2) The project is ready for implementation
3) You are between 16 and 25 years old and a citizen of one of the 7 Alpine countries: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia or Liechtenstein or have your residence in one of these states
4) You apply as an individual or as a group with up to three group leaders
5) Your application is submitted online and in English by 23:59 on 31 October 2020 in the online application form: https://eusalp-youth.eu/applicationform-pyp-2020/
B) YOUR APPLICATION CONSISTS OF:
1) Online application form
2) Project proposal with the following contents:
Why are we launching this project? (Motivation)
What do we want to achieve with the project? (Objective)
Why is this project important for the Alpine Region? (Relevance)
What are the difficulties and opportunities in implementing the project?
Task plan, timetable, materials required, financial and human resources
3) Curriculum vitae of the participant or group leader(s)
4) Expert opinion from a project supporter (teacher, professor, youth group leader, institution, etc.)
C) EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION:
The following projects are not permitted:
- projects submitted by persons working for the European institutions or within the framework of EUSALP
- scientific theses and publications
- projects already financed by EU funds
- projects that have already received a prize awarded by a European institution
- projects submitted manually or by post, incompletely or in multiple parts
- projects not submitted in English.
For further questions you can contact email@example.com
Follow youth.shaping.eusalp on Instagram and Facebook and sign up for our newsletter, so we can keep you updated. And you do not miss the opportunity to pitch your idea to the EUSALP audience in 2020!