Action Group 2
The German Region Baden-Württemberg (Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Housing Baden-Württemberg) and the French Region Auvergne Rhône-Alpes together chair Action Group 2.
Action Group 2 ("To increase the economic potential of strategic sectors") aims at identifying key Alpine economic sectors which would beneficiate from action at macro-regional level, and to implement concrete measures to strengthen their economic and social environment. The added value will be to lead to a better utilisation of Alpine specific resources and develop potential in the identified strategic sectors with a special focus on the development opportunities for SMEs within the Alpine Macro Region.
"Economic Growth and Innovation"
The main objectives of Action Group 2 are:
- To develop new value chains with enterprises from different sectors
- To bridge the gap between different policies and efforts in order to stimulate the transformation of the industrial structure and drive job creation and growth
- To make better use of cluster initiatives
- To bridge the gap between disconnected value chains
- To facilitate and encourage the development and implementation of concrete projects in these strategic sectors in the Alpine Region.
So far Action Group 2 has identified three thematic priorities (Sub-Groups):
- Bioeconomy (coordinated by Baden-Württemberg, DE)
- Wood from Alpine Region (coordinated by Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, FR)
- Health Tourism (coordinated by the Region of Salzburg, AT)
HEALPS (Alpine Health Tourism – Positioning the Alpine region as globally attractive health promoting place)
05/03/2019 - 10:30 to 06/03/2019 - 15:30
The 8th meeting of Action Group 2 and the Sub-Group meetings will be held on 5 and 6 March 2019 in Lyon.
23/05/2019 - 14:00 to 24/05/2019 - 14:00
Within the events scheduled for the year of the Italian Presidency of EUSALP, Regione Valle d'Aosta organizes a political event on the thematic of Smart Villages in the prestigious location of the Sky Way Mont Blanc