The 2nd Experts' Workshop "EUSALP Energy Observatory" will take place on the 6th of June 2018 in Innsbruck. The Agenda will be published soon.
Action Group 9
Action Group 9 focuses on the promotion of energy efficiency and the production and use of local renewable energy in the Alpine Region, especially in the public and private sectors. The framework is provided by, inter alia, the EU’s energy directives, the EU goals for 2020 and the Energy Union Package. The action aims at supporting a significant reduction of energy consumption in the housing and mobility sector, as well as in small and medium enterprises. The action promotes energy management and monitoring systems at different levels.
"Environment and Energy"
- Setting up an Alpine energy efficiency cluster. This cluster should serve as a forum for cooperation and innovation, bring technical solutions for the specific energy needs of the Alpine Region, and develop energy efficiency processes and products particularly adapted to the Alpine Region, especially in the housing and mobility sectors.
- ‘Greening the Alpine infrastructure’: focusing on energy efficiency in the building sector and promote harmonised, affordable and operational assessment tools to be used by public authorities in order to boost sustainable and low-carbon buildings in the Alpine Region.
- Setting up an Alpine renewable energy cluster while taking into account ecological, economical and land use issues and considering societal trade-offs.
- Support energy management systems in the Alpine Region by developing, sharing and installing energy efficiency and decentralised monitoring systems at the local level and by promoting regional energy monitoring.
- Support a better use of local resources and increase energy self-sufficiency while reducing impacts on climate and the environment.
02/10/2018 - 09:00 to 18:00
On 2nd of Ocotber 2018, EUSALP Action Group 9 will organize the 2nd EUSALP Energy Conference "Energy Transition in the Alps" in Innsbruck.
The programme and details about the registration will follow soon.
24/10/2018 - 09:00 to 18:00
On 24th of October 2018, Action Group 9 will hold its 6th meeting in St. Gallen.