Cross-border mobility is one of the strategic initiatives of the Actions Groups (AGs) 4 and 5 of EUSALP. Both AGs have teamed together and applied for an Alpine Region Preparatory Action Fund (ARPAF) project. The project is led by the Swiss Centre for mountain regions SAB (Co-Leader of AG 5 “Connectivity”) in partnership with the region of Tyrol (Leader of AG 4 “Mobility”) and CIPRA International. The project was approved in November 2017 and runs in the years 2018 and 2019.
The Annual Forum 2018 therefore constitutes an excellent opportunity to show first results of this cooperation of two AG’s and of their relevance for the Alpine region.
The participants of the Workshop will discuss the main challenges towards the creation of a cross-border passenger/commuter mobility system making public transport and sustainable modes more attractive and easy to use. The workshop will also focus on ICT enabling factors in term of infrastructures and digital services.
The workshop will be moderated by Thomas Egger (SAB; Lead Partner of the ARPAF CrossBorder Project; Member of the National Council (Switzerland) and Co-Leader of the EUSALP Action Group 5).
11.15 – 11.20 Welcome & Introduction of the ARPAF project CrossBorder by Thomas Egger (SAB)
11.20 – 12.10 Input presentations
- Analysis of existing cross-border mobility networks (Prof. Tobias Chilla, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg)
- Cross-border cooperation models in the Alpine Region and the Interreg Project “PEMO” (Wolfgang Pfefferkorn, CIPRA International)
- Youth Alpine Interrail (Magdalena Christandl, CIPRA Youth Council)
12.10 – 13.00 Panel discussion and questions by the audience on potential actions to improve cross-border mobility networks and cooperation
- Carlo Alberto Carnevale Maffé, SDA Bocconi School of Management
- Tobias Chilla, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Wolfgang Pfefferkorn, CIPRA International
Congress Innsbruck Rennweg 3 6020 Innsbruck