The Convention of young EUSALP local politicians aims at establishing an interaction among political representatives in groupwork sessions, focusing on the analysis and identification of concrete actions. In the groupwork, participants will be urged with state-of-the-art analysis of the Alpine area, confronted with best practices form ETC cooperation and then challenged to design concrete solutions for the macro-regional area.
The groupwork will be organised in sub-themes that are strictly related to the EUSALP strategy and to the programme of the Italian Presidency. A non-exhaustive list of the themes that will be treated in the event includes:
- Green economy in the EUSALP area: developing circular economy, bioeconomy, sustainable agriculture, etc
- Contrasting depopulation in the alpine territories
- Sustainable mobility: multi-modality mobility (integration of different transport system), dematerialised connectivity (ICT solutions);
- Green sustainable procurement: how can a Public Administration acquire ‘green’ services;
- Combat climate change through reduction of CO2 emissions: renovation of buildings, use of renewable energies;
- Adaptation to climate change and prevention of risks (heat, drought, floods, fire, hydrogeological risks)
- Green Public local services
A team of experts will facilitate the discussion and help ‘extract’ and rationalise the outcomes of the groupwork.
The objective is to stimulate the comparison between young local political administrators on the key issues of the Italian Presidency (green economy and competitiveness), the signing of the young administrators' paper, in collaboration with ANCI and the corresponding organizations in the other EUSALP countries.
Please note that the Lombardy Region will cover the accommodation costs through a booking at the Hotel Cruise, Via Giosuè Carducci, 3, 22070 Montano Lucino CO, and will guarantee all transfers to/from the location of the Convention. During the convention the usual networking lunch and dinner will be guaranteed. Please note that no direct individual reimbursements will be covered linked to accommodation and meals.
For registration contact EUSALP_IT_Presidency2019@regione.lombardia.it within September 16th.
Read the agenda of the event here.
Villa Saporiti, Como, Italy