In the current debate on post 2020 European Cohesion Policy, it would be important to capitalize on two pillars of the ongoing policy programmes: the transnational macro-regional strategies (MRS) (COWI, 2017) and the research and innovation strategies for smart specializa
Action Group 7
Action Group 7 focuses on developing ecological connectivity and thus to strengthen, improve and restore biodiversity, as well as ecosystem services. Its implementation will increase the degree of connection between natural and semi-natural landscapes in the entire EUSALP territory.
With its broad representation of members from Alpine countries and regions as well as advisors with different institutional and sectoral backgrounds, AG 7 builds on a dialogue including stakeholders from all relevant sectors. It aims at setting up a comprehensive macro-regional scheme by applying the EU Strategy for Green Infrastructure (GI) to regional scales and making the Alps an outstanding candidate for GI in Europe.
The AG 7 provides the framework for developing a strategically planned network of natural and semi-natural areas, including features in rural and urban areas which together – functionally interconnected – ensure diverse advantages for nature, as well as social benefits and economic prosperity for humans.
"Environment and Energy"
- To identify Alpine GI elements of transnational relevance, improve governance approaches and explore funding opportunities.
- To promote the various benefits of GI as complementary solutions to Grey Infrastructure and bring GI onto the political agenda of the Alpine Region.
- To trigger tangible implementation initiatives and liaise with implementation partners from all relevant sectors to make GI visible and close gaps in the trans-European “matrix for life”.
- To allow the benefits of ecological connectivity to emerge at ecosystem and societal dimensions, enhancing resilience to threats such as climate change.
- To develop solutions to halt biodiversity loss and address challenges such as missing connections between natural areas and homogeneous and impoverished lowlands.
HyMoCARES - HydroMorphological assessment and management at basin scale for the Conservation of Alpine Rivers and related Ecosystem Services
03/07/2019 - 15:00 to 04/07/2019 - 18:00
In the framework of EUSALP Italian Presidency 2019, focused on sustainable growth and circular economy in the Alpine area, on 3-4 July Milan will host the high-level conference and thematic workshop BOOSTALPs 2.0.
13/07/2019 - 15:00
On the occasion of EUSALP Italian Presidency 2019, on 13 July 2019 Lombardy Region will organize an event in the so-called "Bosco dei Violini" located in Paneveggio (TN) .