- To provide policy makers and innovation practitioners with knowledge and training/practical insights in setting up successful start-up, spin-off and knowledge transfer platforms with support programmes that can strengthen regional/national innovation ecosystems.
Action Group 7
Action Group 7 focuses on developing ecological connectivity and thus to strengthen, improve and restore biodiversity, as well as ecosystem services. Its implementation will increase the degree of connection between natural and semi-natural landscapes in the entire EUSALP territory.
With its broad representation of members from Alpine countries and regions as well as advisors with different institutional and sectoral backgrounds, AG 7 builds on a dialogue including stakeholders from all relevant sectors. It aims at setting up a comprehensive macro-regional scheme by applying the EU Strategy for Green Infrastructure (GI) to regional scales and making the Alps an outstanding candidate for GI in Europe.
The AG 7 provides the framework for developing a strategically planned network of natural and semi-natural areas, including features in rural and urban areas which together – functionally interconnected – ensure diverse advantages for nature, as well as social benefits and economic prosperity for humans.
"Environment and Energy"
- To identify Alpine GI elements of transnational relevance, improve governance approaches and explore funding opportunities.
- To promote the various benefits of GI as complementary solutions to Grey Infrastructure and bring GI onto the political agenda of the Alpine Region.
- To trigger tangible implementation initiatives and liaise with implementation partners from all relevant sectors to make GI visible and close gaps in the trans-European “matrix for life”.
- To allow the benefits of ecological connectivity to emerge at ecosystem and societal dimensions, enhancing resilience to threats such as climate change.
- To develop solutions to halt biodiversity loss and address challenges such as missing connections between natural areas and homogeneous and impoverished lowlands.
Workshop »Networking for Ecological Connectivity and Green Infrastructure«, Sept 19, 2017, Koper
Detailed report and presentations are...
|06 Apr 2018|
Workshop: Going local – “Green infrastructure” meets “climate adaptation strategies”
|15 Dec 2017|
Start-ups and Technology Transfer in Innovation Ecosystems in South-East Europe and Alpine Region (EUSALP AG1)
15/11/2018 - 08:30 to 16/11/2018 - 18:00
20/11/2018 - 10:30 to 21/11/2018 - 16:00
The 2nd EUSALP Annual Forum 2018 will take place on 20 and 21 November 2018 in the heart of the Alps at the Congress Innsbruck.