5th AG 2 meeting Stuttgart side to side with Sub-Groups of AG 2 on 26 / 27 September 2017
Action Group 2
The German Region Baden-Württemberg (Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Housing Baden-Württemberg) and the French Region Auvergne Rhône-Alpes together chair Action Group 2.
Action Group 2 ("To increase the economic potential of strategic sectors") aims at identifying key Alpine economic sectors which would beneficiate from action at macro-regional level, and to implement concrete measures to strengthen their economic and social environment. The added value will be to lead to a better utilisation of Alpine specific resources and develop potential in the identified strategic sectors with a special focus on the development opportunities for SMEs within the Alpine Macro Region.
"Economic Growth and Innovation"
The main objectives of Action Group 2 are:
- To develop new value chains with enterprises from different sectors
- To bridge the gap between different policies and efforts in order to stimulate the transformation of the industrial structure and drive job creation and growth
- To make better use of cluster initiatives
- To bridge the gap between disconnected value chains
- To facilitate and encourage the development and implementation of concrete projects in these strategic sectors in the Alpine Region.
So far Action Group 2 has identified three thematic priorities (Sub-Groups):
- Bioeconomy (coordinated by Baden-Württemberg, DE)
- Wood from Alpine Region (coordinated by Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, FR)
- Health Tourism (coordinated by the Region of Salzburg, AT)
Forum on Dual Education in the Alpine Region _ San Michele All'Adige on 9-10 October 2017.
“What future for the dual system – useful further steps for the EUSALP- regions”
The Annual Forum 2017 of the EU Alpine Strategy will take place on 23 and 24 November 2017 in the Munich BMW Welt.