WHAT IS SMARTALPS?
An informal network of alpine smart villages and regions, which aims to:
- disseminate the Smart Villages approach and foster the smart transformation in mountain and rural areas in the Alpine arc,
- encourage the exchange of information and experiences among Smart Villages and Smart Regions within the Alpine area,
- transmit a modern image of mountain and rural areas,
- foster contacts with similar networks and initiatives for mountain and rural areas all over Europe.
WHAT DOES SMARTALPS DO?
- Regular meetings
- Exchange of good practices, initiatives and activities.
- Using and promoting the Digital Exchange Platform DEP
- A label for Alpine Smart Villages and Regions?
- Increase capacity building.
- Establish contacts with experts and researchers.
- Fostering communication amongst the members of the network and outside of it.
- Advocating for the Smart villages / Smart regions approach with public authorities and the general public.
HOW IS SMARTALPS ORGANISED?
- A loose network (no formal organisation)
- Steered by a steering board with 1 representative per country
- Management assured by AG5-Co-Leaders
HOW KNOW MORE OR JOIN THE NETWORK?
Please contact the AG5-Leaders